I love colorfull rovings and would spend hours looking at all those lovely colorways on Etsy…
I’ve been thinking about joining a fiber club, but argh, too expensive. Plus I dye my own, so in theory I could make my own in every color of my dreams. BUt then there’s the surprise-me factor…
So I just had an idea : Would a few people be interested by a Fiber swap Club, like every month within a small circle of people ? You could dye it yourself, or buy it if you prefer.
I don’t have a big budget to devote to this (I’m dreaming of my next purchase, a Mother Marion kick spindle… anyone has experience to share on those btw ?) so it would only be roving, batts, or fiber of your choice (I still don’t quite master all those fiber terms), like 4 oz every month. And because I live in France, it would mean international shipping.
So far I’m thinking of this :
– One package to send (and receive) every month, maybe for a 3-month period to start with
– People preferably with a blog or at least a Ravelry account
– A small amount of people so it’s manageable, OR sbdy to help me organise it and pair people
– Set amount of 4 oz in each package, either roving, batts or both ..
– Ready to ship internationally
– You post a Mosaic showing what kind of colors/natural colors you like
– If needed, we’ll start a little questionnaire with any allergies, prefered fibers, fibers you could swap etc..
ETA: We how have a Ravelry group ! Check us out, the Rav’ Fiber swap Club .
Please leave a comment or send me a message it you think you could be interested !!!
NB: yes I know about the Hush-hush handspun and roving swap, but having to spin 4 oz of handspun yarn every month would be too much for me..